Custom Nav


Monday, April 13, 2015

New toy

I recently picked up a new tablet, a Dell Venue 8 Pro. I got this at an office depot that is closing down, and got it for a steal. It is a full Windows 8.1 install with a quad core atom processor and 2 GB of ram. This one only has a 32 GB ssd, but for the price I cannot complain.

At the moment I am installing Visual Studio on it so that it can be my mobile development machine, because it weighs less than 1 lb, I can take it anywhere. The only issue is that is has an 8 inch screen, but that is what is also perfect about it. It fits in one hand, and I am using a bluetooth keyboard with it. The font isn't that hard to see, and it is completely portable!

I also run Intellij IDEA on it, as well as my go to text editor, Atom. This has brought me back to Windows full circle and I am planning to develop some Windows apps for tablets and phones (as some in my household have Windows phones).

We will see how this goes, but so far this is a wonderful little device.

No comments:

Post a Comment