Custom Nav


Monday, July 9, 2012

Chrome and Fonts

So it seems that Google Chrome (and it's open source base Chromium) do not display web fonts correctly. They just use whatever they want to display. I noticed this today while redoing my blog theme.

I can use Konqueror and change the user agent to anything but Chrome and it will work just fine, but when I change it to chrome, the fonts go to default (basic Sans). It seems that it has to do with the browser being reported as chrome instead of it actually being chrome itself, because I noticed that when chrome loads the page the fonts are correct, and then they go to default before the page stops loading.

I have tried changing the fonts in chrome's settings, I have tried uninstalling the fonts and just using the webfonts on the web, and also clearing all cache and cookies. Yeah, nothing works. Looks like it is a bug in chrome. I was just starting to love chrome, and now this. This is a deal breaker.

Oh yeah, the font problem happens on Windows and Linux, so it isn't just my install.

Off to look for a decent browser because I really can't stand Firefox.

No comments:

Post a Comment