Custom Nav


Sunday, April 7, 2013

No Gud Riting

I am a member of a lot of forums, and I browse them throughout the day trying to help others with problems they are having such as writing code, grammar, papers, math, and anything else I may be able to help them with.

That being said, I have one question. Are people recessing in the grammar and spelling areas? It is like they just cannot possibly form a complete word, and you can forget about a legible sentence. There are the common mistakes that I see people make constantly, such as no and know, their, there, and they’re, but it is getting progressively worse. Most don’t know basic spelling, and cannot be bothered with looking up a word, such as foresee. I saw it spelled for see, forsee, and forse all in the same paragraph from the same individual. Do they think that if they can just get one right it will be alright? Wow. I cannot stand to have typos or misspellings in my posts or paragraphs.

On top of that, browsers now have this nice option to check your spelling while you type that is enabled by default. Those red marks on your screen are not telling you that you did a wonderful job typing. Re-read what you typed/wrote, and correct it. If you don’t, the majority of people reading your writing will automatically assume that you are an illiterate person that shouldn’t be giving advice.

Alright, that is my rant for the day. I will try to type with better grammar and spelling that I have been, which hasn’t been all that bad, but there is always room for improvement. It has actually gotten to the point that when I read someones writing, if they make more than just a few mistakes, I stop reading and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment